House Concert in Media, PA
“Ticket” is really not the right word. It’s a suggested donation – all of which goes directly to the artists. Often they have traveled a long way to play – I’m sure they would love bigger donations if you are so moved to support their work.
Space is limited – we’d really appreciate you confirming your reservation by sending money in advance. This is not required, but it’s the only way to guarantee your space (and it certainly helps us sleep better). We’ll still take unpaid reservations and do our best to tell you if and when the show starts selling out.
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions, and some things you might want to know:
- Yes, our house concerts are held at our house(!)
- Reservations are required for all shows – you are our invited guests, we’d like to know we’re expecting you. Just email or call to make a reservation, or to find out more details.
- We’ll happily give you directions once you’ve reserved a spot.
- We’ll be ready for you to arrive about 30 minutes or so before showtime.
- We have soda and nibbles for you – please help yourselves. You don’t have to bring anything, but we are not going to turn away tasty food or cookies or brownies or anything like that.
- If you want to BYOB, go ahead, but behave yourselves.
- Our house is a smoke-free, with two cats who usually roam the house.
- Please let us know if your plans change. Our worst nightmare is turning people away and then getting no-shows. Either we or the artist loses out.
- Please tell your friends about us. Our promotional budget is next to nothing – word of mouth is Our Best Friend.